S. Tejon Street Project Road Closures August 26-27
The City of Colorado Springs has initiated several transportation improvement projects in the S. Nevada Avenue and Ivywild areas. Construction has begun on the S. Tejon Roundabout and a temporary road closure has been scheduled to enable underground utility work to take place in the project area.
Please use detours listed and observe slower speeds for safety. All work is weather dependent and barring unforeseen circumstances.
- Road Closure planned for Monday & Tuesday, August 26-27, 6 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- RED areas on map are temporary closures
- S. Cascade Avenue south of the intersection closed for underground work
- Ramona Avenue to Tejon Street
- Brookside Street to Nevada Avenue
- Cascade Avenue south of Ivywild School is an ongoing closure
About the Project
Located south of downtown Colorado Springs along Cheyenne Creek, Ivywild is one of the city’s oldest working-class neighborhoods. Multi-use commercial development has flourished over the past ten years with the Ivywild School community center and other adjacent businesses. The project is also close by the S. Nevada Economic Opportunity Zone where mixed-use commercial and residential redevelopment is underway as part of S. Nevada Urban Renewal. The City of Colorado Springs is initiating several transportation improvements projects in the
S. Nevada Ave. and Ivywild areas. The City is coordinating construction phasing of the projects to minimize impacts to the community and traveling public; however, to take advantage of the construction season, there will be some overlap in timing of construction.
- S. Nevada Improvements (Left-Turn Lanes and Signal Light): Summer 2019
- S. Tejon Roundabout: July 2019–Early 2020
- S. Cascade over Cheyenne Run Bridge Replacement: Late Fall 2019–Spring/Summer 2020
- S. Cascade/S. Tejon Pre-Overlay Concrete/Asphalt Overlay: Anticipated 2020
- Monday, June 24 | View Meeting Powerpoint
To receive project progress enewsletters, send an email to Carolyn@bachmanpr.com requesting to be added to the notification list.
- Project Hotline: 719-396-3004
- Email: SNevadaIvywild@gmail.com.