No person shall construct or repair a sidewalk, curb and gutter, or driveway, or contract to construct or repair a sidewalk, curb and gutter, or driveway within the City right of way without first obtaining a license and a permit to do so, except as otherwise provided in City Code.
- City Code 3.3.5 for Concrete Contractor License
- City Code Chapter 2, Article 1 for all Business Licenses
Fees and Payment
- Annual license fee: $110
- Late renewal fee: $55
- Duplicate license fee: $5
Concrete Contractor Licenses are valid for one (1) year from the date of issuance or renewal.
The City Clerk's Office accepts cash, check, money order, Visa and MasterCard.
- Business License Application
- $5,000 Surety Bond - Bond Form
- Certificate of Commercial General Liability Insurance with the City of Colorado Springs listed as the certificate holder ($1,000,000)
- Lawful Presence Affidavit, if a sole proprietor
- Trade Name Registration and Certificate of Good Standing with Colorado Secretary of State, if applicable.
Permits may be required for concrete and excavation work. The City's Right-of-Way Management team ensures that new and retrofit concrete, street excavations, and capital project work in the public right-of-way is constructed to City Engineering Standards. Contact the City's Right-of-Way Management team at (719)385-5977, or at 2880 International Circle, Suite 200-1, Colorado Springs, Colorado 80910.