A sexually oriented business is an adult arcade, adult bookstore, adult video store, adult cabaret, adult motel, adult motion picture theater, adult theater, sexual encounter establishment or other similar business.
- City Code 2.4.1 for Sexually Oriented Business License
- City Code Chapter 2, Article 1 for all Business Licenses
Fees and Payment
- Annual license fee: $500
- Late renewal fee: $250
- Manager registration fee: $75
- Initial background check for Principal/Managing Agents: $7
- Duplicate license fee: $5
Sexually Oriented Business Licenses are valid for one (1) year from the date of issuance or renewal.
The City Clerk's Office accepts cash, check, money order, Visa and MasterCard.
- Proof of age over eighteen (18)
- Business License Application
- Department Review Form
- Supplemental Application
- Business Diagram as outlined in Supplemental Application
- Manager's Registration Form as outlined in Supplemental Application
- Approval by the Colorado Springs Fire Department, as outlined in Department Review Form. 719-385-5950
- Approval by the Pikes Peak Regional Building Department, as outlined in Department Review Form.
- Approval by City Planning and Land Use Review, as outlined in Department Review Form.
- Approval by the Colorado Springs Police Department - Special Services Section, as outlined in Department Review Form. 719-444-7526
- Approval by City Sales Tax, as outlined in Department Review Form.
- Trade Name Registration and Certificate of Good Standing with the Colorado Secretary of State, if applicable.