To help establish appropriate fire insurance premiums for residential and commercial properties, insurance companies need reliable, up-to-date information about a community’s fire-protection services. The Insurance Services Office (ISO) provides that information through the Public Protection Classification (PPC™) program.
Learn Your ISO Rating
Step One: make sure your property is serviced by the Colorado Springs Fire Department
- Go to the El Paso County Assessors website.
- Enter the street address and select "go."
- Select the "Schedule #" of the property from the search results
- If "City of Colorado Springs" appears in the list under "Tax Entity and Levy Information," then the property falls under CSFD's jurisdiction and we will respond to an emergency at that location.
Step Two: Contact the ISO company
- Call the ISO Company at 1-800-444-4554 and select option 2.
- A representative will walk you though the rest of the process.