Public Programs or Services

Share this page:

Where can I dispose of private limbs or slash?

You can drop off your own yard waste (leaves, tree clippings, etc.) at Rocky Top Resources, located at 1755 E Las Vegas Street. For more information call (719) 579-9103.

There is no public dumping location associated with City Forestry.

Where can I get free mulch?

City Forestry offers free mulch to the public when we generate more than what our parks use. The bin is first-come, first-serve, and you will need to bring your own tools for loading. We cannot guarantee that mulch will be available, but our crews do try to keep it filled throughout the year. In order to help provide a consistent supply for our private residents, use by commercial operations is prohibited. The mulch pile is located across the street from the Forestry building at 1601 Recreation Way, on the west side of the street.

Can I buy hardwood?

Forestry also sells hardwood through Colorado Springs Utilities public auctions online. Funds help purchase new street trees.

Who do I contact to get a wood cutting permit?

Wood cutting is not allowed in any park or open space within city limits. Firewood and Christmas tree cutting permits are available through the National Forest Service, Pikes Peak Ranger District, 601 S Weber St. (719) 636-1602.

What kind of programs are there for wildfire mitigation?

The Colorado Springs Fire Department has a number of resources to assist homeowners in reducing their wildfire risk.