The City of Colorado Springs is seeking volunteers to serve on the following Boards, Commissions, and Committees:
- Lodgers and Automobile Rental Tax (LART) Citizens’ Advisory Committee
- Pikes Peak Area Council of Governments (PPACG) Community Advisory Committee
- Stormwater Advisory Committee
Please submit your application by 5pm on Friday, February 10, 2023. The application web form can be found and submitted at ColoradoSprings.gov/boards. All applicants must reside within the City of Colorado Springs unless otherwise noted.
Applications and resumes can also be emailed Michelle Briggs at Michelle.Briggs@coloradosprings.gov or mailed to City Council, Attention: Michelle Briggs, P.O. Box 1575, Colorado Springs, CO 80901.
For more information on Boards, Commissions, and Committees visit http://www.coloradosprings.gov/boards
Lodgers and Automobile Rental Tax Citizens’ Advisory Committee
- The LART Committee acts in an advisory capacity to City Council in all matters concerning expenditures of any revenues derived from the Lodgers and Automobile Rental Tax.
- Meeting Time — 2nd Thursday of every month at 3 p.m.
- Vacancies – Twos members from the tourism industry (must have representation from the destination marketing organization and arts community) and two members from the hotel/motel industry
Pikes Peak Area Council of Governments Community Advisory Committee
- The committee is a nontechnical committee made up of volunteers who offer a citizen’s perspective on issues such as transportation, the environment, economic development, and military impact planning in the Pikes Peak region.
- Meeting Time — Last Wednesday of every month at 3 p.m.
- Vacancies – Two citizen at large members
Stormwater Advisory Committee
- The Stormwater Advisory Committee provides City Council with citizen input on the stormwater system and operation of the enterprise, along with advice and recommendations on the projects to be undertaken.
- Meeting Time — 3rd Thursday at 2 p.m. in February, May, August, and November
- Vacancies – One member with experience or training in civil engineering, water law or water resources planning, flood control or related fields and one member who represents a nonprofit organization located within the City limits