A day of baseball, fun and safety preparedness
Residents are invited to enjoy some Rocky Mountain Vibes baseball and participate in “Community Emergency Preparedness Day” at UCHealth Park July 14. The gates will open at 3:00 p.m. The game starts at 4:00 p.m.
Post-game activities will allow families to learn about emergency preparedness through interactive demonstrations such as Police and Fire Department displays as well as preparedness information booths will be on hand. Game ball delivered by UCHealth’s new medical helicopter “LifeLine”.
Families can also participate in a scavenger hunt to win Vibe tickets, interact with and get autographs from Vibe players and learn useful safety information for the whole family.
“With the immense growth in our community, it’s more important now than ever before to be prepared for any type of disaster. The more people in the community that are prepared, the more resilient the community will be” said Jim Reid, Pikes Peak Regional Office of Emergency Management Director.
Many first response and/or emergency preparedness partners from the community will be on-hand to highlight community preparedness.
- American Medical Response (AMR)
- Colorado Springs Fire Department
- Pikes Peak Regional Office of Emergency Management (OEM)
- Colorado Springs Police Department
- El Paso County Search and Rescue
- El Paso County Sheriff’s Office
- Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region
- UCHealth “LifeLine” Medical Helicopter
- American Red Cross of the Pikes Peak Region
- United Way 2-1-1
- U.S. Forestry Department
- Home Animal Assistance
- Purchase tickets online
- Ticket information 719-591-7699
The event is hosted by the Pikes Peak Regional Office of Emergency management, UCHealth, and AMR.