1. Check hours of operation
- Verify operating hours before you hike. Hours change seasonally.
- If someone is picking you up,make sure they get through the uphill gate before it closes.
- Don't assume transportation will be available. Have a plan B.
- All persons entering Gateway are subject to posted toll rate
2. Check Mountain Conditions
- Conditions change drastically and quickly throughout the day.
- Access to the summit is weather dependent.
- Barr Trail Hikers: Check in at Barr Camp to verify favorable summit conditions.
- Ensure you have proper gear and water.
- If the Highway and/or summit is closed to visitors, parties will not be able to pick up hikers for transport
3. If you will not make the summit by the posted hours - turn around.
Requests for transport will be subject to transport and after hours fees.
Transport and After-Hour Fee
|Transport during normal operating hours
|After hours transport: If the Pikes Peak Highway is closed but staff is still on site, this is the minimum charge based on circumstances.
After Hours Response: If a person requests assistance after hours, this is the minimum charge based on circumstances.
Pikes Peak will only transport as a matter of safety within the Pikes Peak Highway Corridor. Persons on the trails or in distress should call 911 for assistance and Search and Rescue support.